In truth, carelessly discarded banana peels can (and probably do) lead to slip and fall accidents. Chances are good that the footing is pretty slippery in the average monkey cage. But virtually any type of food or beverage spill can create a slippery and treacherous surface anywhere. Some of the more common causes of such accidents include the following:
- Ice covered steps: Property owners have a responsibility to remove ice, or at least warn of its presence, so people do not take a quick, unwanted trip to the bottom of the steps.
- Obstructed paths: Debris left in the path where people walk can be extremely hazardous.
- Uneven sidewalks: Defective sidewalks and pavements can cause a trip and fall injury that results in serious injury or even death.
- Poorly lit stairwells: Sometimes, the cause of a slip and fall injury is lack of proper lighting.
- Faulty handrails: People place their trust — and their weight — on handrails. If those handrails are faulty, they can cause injury and death. Property owners have a responsibility to inspect and maintain their property regularly to prevent such accidents from happening.
While more common among senior citizens, slip and fall accidents can happen to anyone. The personal injury lawyers at Samster, Konkel & Safran, S.C. believe in standing up for the rights of injury victims who have fallen down. If you sustain any type of personal injury, you can take a stand and obtain just compensation. Contact us today for more information on our services.